This is a PR friendly site, feel free to email us at raffmendiola@yahoo.com for events invite and product review

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Fusion of Japanese and Latin at Nanka

Having Japanese food for the past  months made me declare,  "no to-Japanese restaurant feature and review for the rest of the year!". I've had enough of sushi, sashimi and ramen, enough for this year please, I told my wife.

At 7am in the morning of Saturday, Joy whispered, "Dad, we're going to Nanka. It's a new restaurant in Mother Ignacia".  

As I was parking, I saw the sign  Nanka Japanese and Latin Restaurant. Oh no, I almost backed out! When they started serving the food, I noticed there's no ramen and the usual maki, sushi stuff. I'm happy.

The first to be served was Shitake Pasta with Parmesan. I associate parmesan with spaghetti because my sons are into parmesan a lot! I was not sure what to feel about this Shitake Pasta with Parmesan, but once I tasted it, the flavor of all the ingrediets blended well and it magically changed my mind. 

I have not seen any other restaurants that offer this kind of fusion of Japanese and Latin. Nanka is a must try!  Price point is reasonable because their serving size is big.

 Shitake Pasta with Parmesan 
shitake, shimeji and king oyster mushroom sautéed in garlic, butter and soy sauce.
Smokey Grilled Tenderlion
- Terderloin is cooked with tender, loving care with miso, jalapeno sauce and grilled vegetables
Mixed Inare
- is a marinated tofu filled with sushi rice, topped with tuna, shrimp, salmon, black masago or roe.
This is a different an more delicious version of sushi.


Tuna Sashimi
- slices of fresh tuna, scllions and onion salad

Tofu
- crispy tofu with teriyaki sauce, grated ginger, scallions and garlic chips

Salmon Sashimi
- slices of Lapu-Lapu, marinated in lime, lemon and olive oil, with roasted corn and pumpkin

Crispy Eggplant
crispy fried, square-bite sized  eggplant topped with kani salad.

Pollo Ala Brasa
- Peruvinian chicken served with French fries and vegetables

Steak Fried Rice
- sliced tenderloin steak served with fried egg and vegetables.

Miso Custard
- creamy white chocolate custard with white miso and butter cookie.

In terms of Nanka's interior, it may look intimidating from the outside but once inside, I like that it has a big-airy-homey space that gives that comfortable and relaxing vibe to diners.

VIP Area


Nanka Japanese and Latin Restaurant
1810 Mother Ignacia Ave. corner Roces Ave., Quezon City
Call: 517-9677
Email: nanka.receptiont@gmail.com
http://instagram.com/nanka_ph

No comments:

Post a Comment